Use points with SafeKey
SafeKey is a service that prevents Card fraud at point of sale, part of our ongoing efforts to provide a safer online shopping experience.
When you checkout, SafeKey also enables you to use your Membership Rewards points to pay at thousands of online stores, with our SafeKey Pay with Points functionality.
You can view a selection of participating retailers such as Selfridges, Boots and Holland and Barrett here. For more information regarding this Pay with Points redemption option, view the FAQs here.
1.Complete the check-out process with your American Express® Card.
2.When the Safekey screen appears, under the Membership Rewards section, please click “View Points Options” and you’ll be directed to a page where you can redeem your Membership Rewards points for a statement credit on your Card Account.
In some cases, a Safekey screen appears asking you to enter a One Time Code before continuing with the points redemption. This One Time Code will be sent to you by text message and email.
3.Once you have completed the previous step, the points selection screen will pop up asking you to enter the statement credit value you wish to use towards the transaction. Please confirm the amount and click ‘Use Points’.
4.The statement credit will appear on your Card Account approximately three days after you request to redeem the Points.
– You cannot redeem Points if you have a credit balance on your Account, if a credit will cause your Account to have a credit balance, or if you have missed a payment on your Account.
– A minimum redemption threshold may apply for each purchase.
– If the Points redeemed do not cover the entire purchase amount then the rest of the purchase amount will remain on your Account.
– The credit will usually be added to your Account within 3 days after the date of purchase. The credit may not appear on the same Account statement as the purchase.
– You must not withhold any payment due on your Account based upon your expectation of receiving a credit on your account.
– Any refund for a purchase made using Pay with Points will be subject to the seller's refund policy.
– Goods and services are provided by the seller and not by American Express, our affiliates or our subsidiaries. You should read any Terms and Conditions provided to you by the seller before you purchase the goods or service.
– If you miss a payment on your Account then Points that you’ve earned in the previous month will be forfeited and deducted from your Points Account.
Safekey Pay with Points Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions are subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed your Card Account Agreement. Together, the SafeKey Pay with Points Terms and Conditions and the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the SafeKey Pay with Points redemption option
2. You cannot redeem Points if:
a) you have a credit balance on your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account;
b) a credit will cause your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account to have a credit balance; or
c) you have missed a payment on your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account.
3. If you return the goods or cancel the service you’ve purchased from the seller, then any refund you receive will be credited to your Card Account. Your Points Account will not be reimbursed. If you prefer that we reimburse your Points Account then please contact us using the Online Services Account centre or by calling Customer Services using the number on the back of your Card.
4. If you have a Flexselect Account:
a) any purchases over the set threshold we have told you about will be added to your Flexselect Account (provided they're within your credit limit);
b) we will debit your Points Account with the Points you’ve asked to redeem and credit your Card Account (not your Flexselect Account) with the corresponding amount, including for partial redemptions, where the number of Points redeemed does not cover the entire purchase amount;
c) if there are no other transactions or amounts owed from prior periods on your Charge Account then, on the date your monthly statement is produced, any credit available on your Charge Account will automatically be offset against the outstanding balance on your Flexselect Account. This means that for partial redemptions, the rest of the purchase amount will remain on the Flexselect Account;
d) the credit may not appear on the same Card Account statement as the purchase; and
e) if you miss a payment on your Card Account or Flexselect Account then the Points that you have earned in the previous month will be forfeited and deducted from your Points Account (which may result in a negative Points Account balance).