Use points with SafeKey
You can now shop online with your Membership Rewards points at more retailers than ever before. What’s more - you can buy anything from items of everyday use to something luxurious, to pamper yourself.
A range of participating SafeKey retailers such as Harrods, House of Fraser and Harvey Nichols are now offering this flexibility.
To view a selection of other participating merchants click here and for more information, view the FAQs here
1.Complete the check-out process with your American Express® Card.
2.When the SafeKey screen appears, select the option to ‘Use Points’.
3.Confirm the amount and click ‘Use Points’.
Use Membership Rewards points with SafeKey’ Terms and Conditions
1. Eligible Cardmembers. You are eligible to redeem Membership Rewards points (‘points’) for a statement credit where the ‘Use points with SafeKey’ tool is available if:
• You are the Main Cardmember of a UK Card enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme, (Supplementary Cardmembers are not eligible)
• Your Card is in good standing (not overdue or in collection).
2. Eligible spend. Only purchases made at participating UK online merchants enrolled with American Express SafeKey and ‘Use points with SafeKey’ are considered eligible spend to redeem points for a statement credit on your Card Account. The ‘Use points with SafeKey’ tool is not available for all online purchases.
3. Redeeming points. You can use as few or as many points as you would like up to the total of the merchant charge as long as you have enough points in your Membership Rewards Account. The points will be deducted from your Membership Rewards Account when you have completed the ‘Use points with SafeKey’ journey.
4. Statement credit and merchant charge. The merchant charge and a matching statement credit will appear on your Card Account within 48 hours (although this may take longer in limited circumstances, such as during periods of system outages). The merchant charge and statement credit may not appear at the same time.
5. Returning a purchase. If you subsequently return your purchase to the merchant for a refund, then your refund will be credited to your Card Account rather than your points balance reimbursed. If you would like your points returned to your Account then you can do this by calling Customer Services using the number on the back of your Card.
6. Your Cardmember agreement. You must still pay the payment due or minimum due amount shown on your Statement of Account as provided in your Cardmember agreement, irrespective of any ‘Use points with SafeKey’ transaction that you may have conducted.
7. Changes. We may suspend usage of the ‘Use points with SafeKey’ tool where the Card Account is not in good standing (overdue or in collection) or at any time at our discretion.