Use points with SafeKey
You can now shop online with your Membership Rewards points at more retailers than ever before. What’s more - you can buy anything from items of everyday use to something luxurious, to pamper yourself.
A range of participating SafeKey retailers such as Harrods, House of Fraser and Harvey Nichols are now offering this flexibility.
To view our current selection of other participating merchants click here and for more information, view the FAQs here
– You cannot redeem Points if you have a credit balance on your account, or if you have missed a payment on your account.
– We may suspend usage of the ‘Use points with SafeKey’ tool where the Card Account is not in good standing (overdue or in collection) or at any time at our discretion.
– A minimum redemption threshold may apply for each purchase.
– If the Points redeemed do not cover the entire purchase amount then the rest of the purchase amount will remain on your account.
– The credit will be added to your account within 3 days after the date of purchase. The credit may not appear on the same Card Account statement as the purchase.
– You must not withhold any payment due on your account based upon your expectation of receiving a credit on your account.
– Any refund for a purchase made using Pay with Points will be subject to the seller's refund policy.
– Goods and services are provided by the seller and not by American Express, our affiliates or our subsidiaries. You should read any terms and conditions provided to you by the seller before you purchase the goods or service
– If you miss a payment on your account then Points that you’ve earned in the previous month will be forfeited and deducted from your Points Account.
1.Complete the check-out process with your American Express® Card.
2.When the SafeKey screen appears, select the option to ‘Use Points’.
3.Confirm the amount and click ‘Use Points’.
Use Membership Rewards points with SafeKey’ Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed your Card Account Agreement. Together, the Pay with Points Terms and Conditions and the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the Pay with Points redemption option
1. Eligible Cardmembers. • Corporate Cards are not eligible to redeem Points using the Pay with Points redemption option.
2. Redeeming points. You cannot redeem Points if you have:
a. a credit balance on your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account; or
b. a credit will cause your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account to have a credit balance; or
c. missed a payment on your Card Account or (if applicable) your Flexselect Account.
3. If you have a Flexselect Account.
a.any purchases over the set threshold we have told you about will be added to your Flexselect Account (provided they're within your credit limit);
b.we will debit your Points Account with the Points you’ve asked to redeem and credit your Card Account (not your Flexselect Account) with the corresponding amount, including for partial redemptions, where the number of Points redeemed does not cover the entire purchase amount.
c. if there are no other transactions or amounts owed from prior periods on your Charge Account then, on the date your monthly statement is produced, any credit available on your Charge Account will automatically be offset against the outstanding balance on your Flexselect Account. This means that for partial redemptions, the rest of the purchase amount will remain on the Flexselect Account; and
d.the credit may not appear on the same Card Account statement as the purchase; and
e.if you miss a payment on your Card Account or Flexselect Account then the Points that you have earned in the previous month will be forfeited and deducted from your Points Account (which may result in a negative Points Account balance).